Learning how to create chocolate bonbons using couverture chocolate and smooth hazelnut praline with Jen at Bakedown Cakery.
The class will be broken into both demo and practical aspects—Jen will demo the basics of how to temper milk couverture chocolate (and explain the process for white and dark chocolate as well). Students will then learn how to paint chocolate moulds with coloured tempered cocoa butter before creating their own chocolate shells, piping fillings and sealing with a final layer of tempered chocolate.
You will be provided with the tools necessary to create your chocolate—some of these will be available to purchase on the day.
The workshop will cover:
- How to temper chocolate (demo aspect, instructions provided)
- How to create a delicious praline filling
- How to paint chocolate moulds with colour
- How to create chocolate shells, fill and seal them
What you’ll take home:
- All of the chocolate that you make in class (valued at $150)
- All the skills you need to recreate beautiful, professional looking praline bonbons at home!
- Please make sure to wear comfortable, closed non-slip shoes on the day—we will loan you an apron to protect your clothes!
* All class purchases are non-refundable, but can be transferred if necessary. In the unlikely event that the class must be cancelled or rescheduled, enrolled participants will be notified and offered an alternative option or full refund.
CLASS SUITABLE FOR BEGINNERS (MAX 6 PEOPLE PER CLASS)